Friday, January 30, 2009

Fireproof on DVD

If you didn't get a chance to see, "Fireproof," in theatres last September 26th, I hope you can buy it or rent it on DVD. It was released this past Tuesday. Due to to snow and ice storm we had, I didn't get to get it till yesterday. My sweet fiancee went and got it for me and we got to watch it last night with a few of my siblings and my mom. I just love this movie! Alex and Stephen Kendrick are brothers and the makers of this film. They had finished their last movie, FACING THE GIANTS, which is an amazing movie and they were trying to think of another movie plot and were seeking the Lord's will in this. God spoke to them one day and they knew their next movie would be about marriage. I was so excited when I heard about this movie! Arnold and I had gotten engaged and what a wonderful movie to go see when you're engaged! It was our first time to the theatre together too. We had to go to Bloomington, cause Bedford wasn't showing it. !!!!! The theatre was so crowded, but I sure wasn't unhappy about that. At the end of the movie, a wonderful verse from Romans appeared- and the whole audience was screaming in joy. LOL. Wow! The does not happen very often in a theatre. Arnold loved the movie- he's a big fan of Kirk Cameron. I cried and cried through the whole thing of course. LOL. We were certainly Blessed from it! It is a requirement for ALL singles, couples, engaged and married people. You will be Blessed and inspired! Also be sure to watch the other Kendrick Brothers/Sherwood Films:

FLYWHEEL- Arnold ordered this last fall and we watched it together. This was the first movie Alex and Stephen Kendrick put together. Alex Kendrick actually plays the lead role in this film. He's has his own car lot, business and everything seems to be going his way. He starts heading into financial trouble, then marriage trouble, parenting trouble and soon realizes that he's done everything his way and that's why his life has turned out this way. He finally comes to God, hands Him is troubles and lets Him have his business and things start to turn around for him. It's a big movie on FAITH and TRUST in God.

FACING THE GIANTS- This movie was the first Kendrick Brothers movie I watched. My brother and I rented it at the library one day, thinking it was just a football movie. Wrong!!!! Football and GOD! My Dad treasures this movie and he's not at all a sports fan. This movie is again about FAITH and TRUST in God and His powers and abilities and the main focus is WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! The main character is a football coach (Alex Kendrick) of a small, Christian high school. He's a strong Christian and has a great life with his wife. His career starts to go down hill and him and his wife are tested strongly when they find out that they're unable to have children. Coming to his lowest point, He gives God his worries, hopes, and dreams and everything turns around. This movie is amazing! Psalm 18 is read in this and just makes me cry everytime.

Be sure to see these movies. They are so wonderful, funny, and amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing about these movies. It is so hard to find decent movies that are worth watching. I have never seen any of these movies but have heard a lot about Facing the Giants and Fireproof. I hope to watch them soon!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete